Exhibitor Category weight allow organisers to determine the directory position of companies and their associated product based on a weight attached to them.
This setting can be enabled under Registration Settings > Exhibitor > Exhibitor Categories
The higher the weight, the higher the item will appear in Exhibitor and Product directories.
The weight always influences the position, so it works for these 3 scenarios:
- No search (when landing on the directory)
- Keyword Search
- Filter Search
The order in which the item will appear in the directory is:
- Featured Exhibitors
- Exhibitors and Products by weight
The order in which the item will appear in the directory when searching is:
- Most relevant item in the highest weighted category
- Second most relevant item in the highest weighted category
(and so on for highest weighted category)
- Most relevant item in the second highest weighted category
- Second most relevant item in the second highest weighted category
(and so on for second highest weighted category, and so on for each subsequent lower weighted category)
What are the benefits?
- It guarantees that exhibitors who are spending more money to be in a premium category will receive more value than exhibitors who are not.
- It offers increased visibility and additional leads for premium exhibitors.
Summary of features
- Organisers now have a way to influence exhibitor search results so that their premium exhibitors have increased visibility