North America: Event apps value to hit $832m by 2028
The North American event app market is projected to exceed $830 million by 2028 – more than double its current value.
Stats from Research and Market’s latest report show the technology’s worth will grow from $370.9m this year to $832.4m in six years.
The body predicts a CAGR of 14.4% from 2022 to 2028 in market value, reflecting the growing adoption of apps in meetings and events.
The report segments the event app market into:
- Enterprise event apps – constituting the largest market share
- Hybrid apps
- Corporate meeting apps
- Tradeshow apps
- Miscellaneous – festival, sports
Find out more about how our Smart Event mobile app can help your live shows grow.
The business and corporate segment witnessed the most frequent use of these apps at their shows. Key reasons were increased event participation, higher efficiency, greater engagement and lower production costs.
Research and Market’s report is based on interviews with industry professionals involved in the North America event apps markets – including VPs, business development managers, market intelligence managers and more.
What’s behind the figures?
Rising demand for improved customer experiences and implementation of digital transformation strategies across different end-use verticals is driving event app market growth.
These factors include:
- Easy app creation and code customisation options.
- Additional revenue streams through in-app updates and sponsorships.
- Need for greater engagement through live polls, instant notifications and gamification.
- Smooth access to in-person events through an interactive floor plan.
- Making round-the-year connections through 365 community.
- Managing in-person interactions at live events.
What does it mean for organisers?
Mobile event apps have become a critical tool in planning and executing a successful event. They provide event marketers with useful information on user behaviour and other crucial metrics – like session duration, booth visits, content downloads, retention and conversion rates.
For organisers, event apps are a necessary part of the Smart Event experience – where live shows are enhanced through the use of tech.
Here’s how they can help:
- Get 3X leads: Use the app to scan leads and assign scores and ratings to attendees. This gives valuable data that is synchronised with an exhibitor dashboard to offer real-time insights.
- Offer access multiple events with a single click: Use container apps to group similar multiple events under one umbrella.
- Virtual monetisation: Use in-app components like banner ads, interactive splash screens and premium exhibitor profiles to generate digital revenue.
- Product Tinder view: Help buyers find the relevant items by matching them with the right products by swiping right or left on the app.
Keen to learn more? Get a demo of our mobile app and start creating personalised event and community experiences!
We hope you enjoyed reading this article and found it useful. At ExpoPlatform, we want to help you build better events and communities. Please get in touch and ask for a demo here. Thank you.
There's more you might like
No more posts in this category